Surrey Minority Ethnic Forum (SMEF) is recruiting for the position of Communications and
Membership Manager. The aim of this role is to develop and implement SMEF communication and
advocacy footprint with a focus on minority rights and help member groups with capacity building.
Successful candidate shall act as the face and voice of SMEF and minority ethnic communities across
media, local government, system partners and third sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a
dynamic and committed individual, who is a confident speaker and can easily engage with all
stakeholders at senior and strategic level.
Suitable candidate would have knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas
• University Degree or Equivalent from a recognized institution.
• working with people from multi-ethnic backgrounds and supporting minority ethnic community
• work experience as a minority rights advocacy champion
• digital marketing manager with a charitable organisation, public or private sector organisation
• planning and executing successful digital campaigns across a number of different e-channels
• able to design website using Divi and Wix
• in-depth understanding of web tools
• ability to use MS Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word, Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, Salesforce
If you are interested in this post please contact Mustafa Bilal (Deputy CEO) by email
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please submit latest CV and cover letter explaining how you fit the job specification and your
motivation to apply for this role via email to email@example.com . Further details are
available on SMEF website : https://smef.org.uk/careers
Salary range £31,000/- to £35,000/- per annum, depending upon experience.
Fixed term contract for twelve months from commencement of role.
Deadline for submitting completed applications 30 November 2023.
Interviews will be held beginning of December 2023.
SMEF is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all parts of our community
and value diversity.
NB: This role requires successful applicant to pass Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK.